Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tai Tai Day...

I was stuck in NUH with Mom from 10am to nearly 3pm today! There is sooo much waiting to do in a hospital...just don't understand why they can't be efficient? Oh well, Mom's ok except for high cholesterol levels.

Alas, that didn't deter us from setting off for the Tea Lounge at The Regent Hotel for high tea afterwards. Ooops... :)

I've not been to The Regent eversince they renovated, and took away the "bird cages". That was soooo long ago lor. The hotel is still quite nice, very elegantly styled, and the Tea Lounge is very Victorian. Nice. And I forgot to bring my Lumix! Aaarrggghh....again! Very upset with myself.
See how Victorian the tableware is?! But I think the pink floral pattern is a bit too much...although I do like pink, but this salmon pink is not very pleasant.

We took advantage of the 1-for-1 Women's Weekly voucher for this high tea. I don't think I will pay $36+++/pax for these dainty treats. You don't get to replenish the food and it comes in a set, so you can't choose the things that you want?



They don't taste as nice as they look! The small sandwiches are not open faced - I think open faced sandwiches are just so classy :) This is why I like to have high tea at Sheraton Towers, because they have really nice and delicious open faced sandwiches.
They gave too many scones, which are very filling, and dry tasting. The sandwiches are just filled with normal salmon, ham, egg mayonnaise, cucumber (!) and plain Kraft tasting cheese!! I think I can do better than that. The bread is not even fresh, it tasted stale :(


The only things worth the calories are the mini quiche, the mini sausage roll, and the custardy dessert thing in the middle of the bottom tray.

It is a nice quiet place for a lazy afternoon, but just don't expect good food or service here. You need some really good company and a 1-for-1 voucher to have an enjoyable time @ The Tea Lounge.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin