Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November Dinner @ Kashmir

Guess what we cuisine we had for our November gals night out....


Naan!

Yes, time flies, and it's time to meet up with PS and G for dinner again! PS commented the font size on my blog is too small, which I agree. So I'm trying this font to see if it's better?

PS suggested Kashmir, as her friend said they have THE BEST naan! PS is a naan fan, but I'm not, but I'm game for Indian food anytime. It turned out to be an excellent choice!

But first, before you eat, please wash your hands!

This is a stylo way to wash hands...cool right?


The first round of dishes came, and we thought the portions looked a bit small, and we ordered more! We initially ordered the Brinjal in Tamarind (not too sure what is the name...), Mutton Briyani, and a serve of the fish curry.

The Mutton Briyani was good! The rice is flavourful, each grain is coated well with seasoning and spices. The mutton is tender, and does not have the mutton-y smell at all! The fish curry was good too, although can't taste much of the fish. The Brinjal was too sour - it reminded me of "suan mei" - we didn't really like it.

Mutton Briyani, brinjal dish, fish curry...

Then I ordered the Palak Paneer (feta cheese and spinach) and Butter Chicken to add on. The Butter Chicken was an excellent choice - it is smothered in a thick creamy sauce with a hint of smokiness to it. Once you scoop the delicious sauce, you can already smell the rich aroma of the dish! The Palak Paneer is also good despite it's puke-like colour! :) PS didn't dare to eat the feta cheese inside though...hehehe. We also had 2 serves of the garlic naan, which we thought was kind of oily.


Butter chicken, naan & palak paneer...

Seems like the naan is not as good as we expected, but the other dishes were excellent!

I am glad we had dinner at Kashmir, now I know where to go for great Indian food! We were so stuffed after dinner that PS and G ordered the Lime Juice in an attempt to digest the food! I went for the Kulfi, because I can never resist Kulfi...! I know how to make lychee kulfi at home...maybe I should make some soon.

As usual, there were a lot of things to talk about. But our main conversation revolve around the economic situation nowadays. It is so sad, but it's a reality that we all have to face up to.

I am just glad I still have a job, and will try to save up more...but will do this after I come back from my holiday in Hong Kong...hehehe...

After that, there will be no more shopping, and will just live with whatever clothes I have in my closet! I am glad I got some Crocs so I have at least 2 years' worth of comfy shoes to wear :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin