Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shortlisted...

I had a seminar in Sheraton Towers this morning. It was a good opportunity to see their ballroom, and taste the food from the buffet lunch.

The seminar was quite insightful, showcasing the latest technologies in the call center industry, and the consumer study that was done. But I thought the sample size of 300 is really insufficient to give a true representation of the average Singapore consumer. Maybe that is why so many companies just fail to deliver good service! Because all the studies are skewed?! :(

Anyway, I've shortlisted Sheraton Towers as a possible venue for my wedding. I know...it's like 2 years away, but no harm doing some research now! The ballroom is not ideal though, because it is "L" shaped - so weird. But the food was quite good! The other thing is also the service staff can be quite slow...but maybe I will handpick the waiters for my wedding banquet...wuahaha... Yes, I am very anal about good service!

Speaking of "research". I think you all should know that I am a big fan of Google...I just love using this search engine, because it is the fastest way you can get information...ANY information! I just do not understand people who do not bother to Google (or Yahoo! or Wiki...whatever search engine you prefer!), and then expect answers to their questions to fall onto their laps?

Grrr...it just irritates me when people ask me for answers that can be Google-d easily! And do not ask me to Google for you...you think I have nothing better to do is it?!

Poor J, he's in China again, and this time SilkAir totally lost his luggage! Another pet peeve of mine is people who insist on taking only SQ flights (I understand the safety concerns), but those who think that their luggage won't get lost, etc. will be in for a big surprise!! Hello....SQ and SilkAir are not immune to lost luggages?

Your best protection is to buy travel insurance (and not NTUC hor)...keep the receipt of the luggage (if you can), and itemize the stuff you have inside!

My mood is as gloomy as the weather these days...I think I better get a good night's sleep. :(

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin