Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya!

It's public hols today! And this is a typical way of spending it with J nowadays...life can be so mundane! But it was pretty enjoyable...with our first stop of the day at...

The Marmalade Pantry at Palais Renaissance! I called up yesterday, to check if they will be serving their brunch menu the whole day today, and the guy said yes. So I made a reservation at 1pm, already making up my mind I want to eat eggs Benedict. But alas, they are not serving brunch at all today! Wrong info by whoever took my reservation. Sigh...but the manager came over to apologise and I just let it go.

I like that ball of "flower" - so cute, but I don't know what flower it is though. It is always on the tables in Marmalade. The poster behind the flower proclaims that Pierside Kitchen is now open with an even better menu! Yeah, must go check it out soon. Had dinner there once, and it was really good. But of course, really expensive too.

Both of us were so hungry that we over-ordered. J had the cabbage and bacon soup (upon my 'recommendation' because I've always wanted to try it...hehe...), and I ordered my usual Crab Caeser. The soup was not warm enough but was served with a hunk of nice, warm bread. My favourite dish is still their Crab Caeser...utterly divine. What is there not to like? It's bite size lettuce leaves smothered in Caeser sauce, thin croutons, pinenuts, and the best part is the shelled crab meat! So easy to eat crab like that. And they don't use those artificial crab meat, it's real crab! You can taste the real freshness of the crab. J like the salad better than his soup.


J ordered the Grilled Chicken & Bacon Club sandwich. I had this before, and it is rather tasty. The chicken is nice and tender, and they use some pesto sauce on it instead of the usual mayonnaise. I ordered the only item on the menu that resembles a breakfast dish, which is the scrambled eggs, with sausages and field mushrooms on toast. Not nice leh...so disappointed...it just taste...normal..something I could cook at home? The scrambled eggs are nothing like the ones I had in Perth! So no picture guys...not worth posting it up!

After the filling lunch, we went shopping! The mission is to find a nice key pouch for my car keys, and of course it has to be reasonably "branded" :)

Hey, check out the statue! Walked past this statue by Botero outside Shaw House. I thought it's cute.

And on our way to Takashimaya, we walked past the new Ion building, and saw more art exhibits. I like this one...cute!


Seems like Orchard Road is gearing up to be an arty farty place...no? And here comes another statue! There are several art pieces on display along Orchard Road, quite interesting actually.


Here we are! Approaching Takashimaya....I just love to shop in this place...

There is as usual a loooooooooooooong Q outside the Louis Vuitton boutique. I didn't bother to Q and check out their key pouches because I don't really fancy LV stuff.

Walked past Loewe, and did a detour because I saw a really nice bag! I walked in and was immediately greeted by the sales person - this is why I like to go to Loewe, they don't give you attitude and someone will always greet you to welcome you to the store. Too bad, they don't have any key pouches.

Nex, I went into Fendi because I saw a nice new bag at the Fendi in Scotts, and wanted to check out the price. They didn't have the pink colour that I saw, and the sales assistant insisted that the bag does not come in pink! But I really saw a pink bag in the same design... *scratch head*....

Anyway, not getting the Fendi bag even if they have it in pink, because I am waiting for TJ to get a Miumiu bag from Italy! Hope she finds the bag that I want! *cross fingers* And at like at least 30% cheaper?! :)

Fendi has some key pouches, but nothing that made me go "wow". So we left, and went over to Ferragamo. Also nothing much here...so went to Gucci. The sales person was not very interested to serve me, and when I asked if they have any key pouches, she just went to get one really ugly looking one. Apparently, that's the only design they have, so I walked out again. Cannot stand the attitude!! I think I'm going to boycott Gucci from now on.

Next, Bottega Venetta! My favourite bags of all time! But I know they are really expensive, and they do have a simple key pouch that costs $450. Ok, not going to pay that kind of money for key pouches!

In the end...guess what I got...


Yup, Kate Spade, in my favourite colour PINK. Nice and simple, and very "me". Agree?! I am glad I've accomplished my mission today.

So how did you spend your holiday today?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin