Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brown Sugar

It's that time of the month...to meet up with PS & G for our monthly gals' night out. PS decided that we should try out Brown Sugar! I was looking forward to the dinner as I've heard so many good reviews about them.

So I made my way to Stardust @ River Valley where Brown Sugar is located, and was disappointed at the exterior of the building! It is actually a Community Club lor...quite run down...and the toilet...ok, never mind...

G & PS had arrived earlier, and I spotted them immediately, because there were only 2 tables occupied in the restaurant!! The place has a really nice ambience though, perfect place for a quiet dinner for two. The other table was occupied by a couple, and I think we may have spoilt their romantic candle lit dinner with the noise that we were making...hehehe...

Nice and simple table setting...

Risotto with potato gnocchi...

Mushrooms & parma ham pasta in cream sauce...

Molten lava chocolate cake with honey & fig ice-cream...

I didn't take a picture of my main course of oxtail stew and mushrooms with tagliatelle, because the lighting was quite dark. All the pics were taken with my mobile phone camera, because I left my Lumix at home again! :(

All the dishes were very nicely done, and quite delicious. The pasta was al dente, and the sauces are satisfyingly savoury. The molten cake was not too bad, but the honey & fig ice-cream was delicious! I initially thought it was vanilla pod ice-cream because of the flecks of seeds in it, but we clarified with the waitress, and she confirmed that it is a honey & fig ice-cream. Too bad I forgot the brand of the ice-cream! PS & G, can you remember?

I wonder how the restaurant survived though - there were only 2 tables occupied throughout the whole night! No doubt it was a Tuesday night, but 2 tables is really kinda pathetic.

As usual during our outing, we talked a lot, gossip a lot and lauged a lot! :) We were talking about me wanting to splurge on Miumiu bags during this economic downturn...and G recording down all the other places that we want to eat for our monthly dinner in her new Palm PDA phone...we also talked about our jobs, my impending trip to Hong Kong, etc.!

Ok, that was a lot of topics to cover in 2.5hours...that is why we have to meet up every month! But it is a dinner that I look forward to every month! See you gals next month! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin