Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

THE most famous pepper crab in Singapore...

Yes, finally I went to Eng Seng for the most famous Black Pepper Crab in Singapore. You know what? I was mildly disappointed.

I am not fond of sweetish food, and the black pepper sauce for the crab was too sweet for my liking. I would prefer it if it were more savoury, and maybe more spicy. There was also not much gravy for me to scoop up! I like my savoury gravy!
Black Pepper Crab...

We ordered a tofu dish, which was quite good, and also a plate of veggies.

Tofu...

Veggies...

We were pretty lucky to get a seat like under 10 minutes and with no reservations! But it is not someplace that I will go running back soon...I still prefer Melben's crabs in Toa Payoh.

Ok, I should go back there soon to take some pics of their Claypot Crab Beehoon! Yum! :)
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin