Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Monday, September 29, 2008

Smok'in Frogz

I brought J to Smok'in Frogz at last! Last Saturday, he asked me to drive and just go anywhere I want for dinner, so I automatically drove us to Smok'in Frogz without getting lost! Ha! My memory is the best GPS around :)


My poison - iced tea in a Hoegaarden glass!

I like the quaint, rustic feel of Smok'in Frogz. It is a 'kopitiam' nestled along Bukit Timah Road - you won't notice it unless you are looking for it. They have high wooden chairs and tables where you can sit back, relax and enjoy a pint of beer. I feel like I'm on a lazy holiday in Bali when I'm there, especially in the evenings, when the sun is setting. The best reason to go there though, is their beef burgers! Check out the burgers.

Beef Burger - with cheese, caramelized onion, pickles, etc!

The burger is huge! And more importantly it tastes great! The patty has flavour to it other than good beefi-ness...you can actually taste the herbs they use in their handmade patty. Delicious! And I just love caramelized onions in my burgers, but unfortunately not a lot of places do that in Singapore.

Smok'in Frogz serves really good fries, but today, they lacklustre. They seemed to have not been defrosted properly before they are fried? Are they supposed to be defrosted? I don't know, but they don't taste as good as the last time I was there. They tasted undercooked :(


Beer Battered Fish & Chips - one of the best in Singapore...

I was trying to decide which is the lesser of the two evils: the beef burger or the fish and chips? Ended up ordering both the fish and the burger so that I can share them with J :) The batter on the fish was really light, not sure if it's the beer :) But it does not taste as greasy as it looks, one of the better fish and chips around.

I wanted to try other dishes on their menu, but somehow just can't get past these two items. I don't really fancy paying $14 for a plate of pasta in Smok'in Frogz, but maybe I will try it someday. But for now, I think I will still stick to the beef burger and/or fish and chips.

There is also an Indian Tandoori stall, as well as a Thai Food stall. I have tried the tandoori the last time I was there with PS & G, and they are quite good. We like the fish tandoori the best. Guess, we have to gather more people to go Smok'in Frogz, so that we can try more dishes.

Anyone interested, give me a ring :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin