Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ladies Who Lunch...

I'm off work today, and decided to have lunch with G - probably my only friend who doesn't have to conform to a strict 9 to 5 job? :)

G suggested going to Bistro Petit Salut for their $25+++ set lunch. I thought that was quite a good deal. We wanted to go to The Line, but I decided to spend a bit less and go for the $25 lunch.

Ha, I'm trying to be conscious of what I spend on so that I can buy more frivolous stuff like Miumiu bags...hehehe...

Anyway, it was pouring when I reached Holland Village! So I went to hide in Coffe Bean, and waited for G. As I was thirsty, I decided to get a drink. While perusing the drinks menu...I decided I should get the cheapest item on the list as part of my "economic restructuring plan"...ha! I like how my "plan" is going already. So I ordered a kid's size Sunrise! Woohoo...less $$ out of my pocket, and less calories to consume. Then I realised their brew of the day is cheaper by $1.10! Boo!

Here's me sitting in Coffee Bean with my kid's size Sunrise, wet umbrella, and the ubiquitous handphone.


A rainy day...does not give good lighting for photos!


And here's the end of our lunch! Didn't remember to take the appetizer and main course! Aaarrgghh....I had the baby bay scallops salad - which was not good, because the scallops are fishy! The beef onglet was pretty nice, and I had them change the french fries to mashed potatos. I wanted gratin potato, but they missed out and it would take them another 10 minutes to do it, so I told them to get me the mashed potatos as it was faster! And G had to rush to fetch Isaac to school. Told you she is "free" :)

I had the creme brulee...again it was not fantastic, but serves my craving for caramelized sugar.

This is a close up of G's dessert - cheesecake with sorbet - which I thought was a weird combination. The other desserts did not interest me.

It was a lovely lunch altogether. The bistro was not crowded, a few business people and a group of Japanese ladies who lunch.

Well, the set lunch was quite worth it. I think the other dishes might be tastier. G had the escargots and I think she enjoyed them. I will probably come back here and try the other dishes when I'm in those "Ladies who Lunch" mood.

After lunch, we fetched Isaac and his friend, to school! His friend is sooo cute! He's half Japanese, and he's so bubbly and was very friendly. He asked me if I want to go to his home to play Wii! Hahah...that was really cute, and he said it's his birthday today! Happy Birthday!

It is nice to just take leave and do a leisurely lunch with gal pals once in awhile. Guess the next one will be in December, when PS can finally take leave after her probation! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin