Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jakarta - Day 6


This was a lazy day...J and I were stuck at home cos there was no car to bring us out. Bummer!

So when dusk came...I couldn't stand being at home anymore! And I got one of the male servant to drive us to Senaya Plaza...hehehe...

I wanted to have dinner at Rustique, cos I wanted J to try their Wagyu beef, which I enjoy very much. We were presented with a bread basket and mandarin oranges - just because it's Chinese New Year...I thought it's a nice touch!


We decided to try the difference between the Wagyu and the Angus dry aged beef...whatever that means! Guess which steak is which!?
This darker and thicker steak is the dry aged beef. It's quite "beefy" tasting, and the red wine sauce that comes with it is quite delicious too.

And this is the Grade 6 Wagyu steak! It's juicier cos of the higher fat content (eh...so sinful!)...and more tender overall. I prefer the Grade 9, but it's only available in 750gram, and both of us can't possibly finish that much steak!

It was an enjoyable dinner overall...and I will be back with more people next time, so that we can have the Grade 9 Wagyu! *drool*






Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin