Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jakarta - Day 5

It's the 2nd day of Chinese New Year, and I'm already tired of eating Chinese food all this while! So me and J decided to go walk around in the new Grand Indonesia mall, and find some nice food to eat.

But the traffic jam was horrible! And we were ravenous when we finally reached the mall! The mall is soooo huge, that I don't know where to start to look for food! I came up with the brilliant idea to just go into the first decent restaurant that we come to...and guess what loomed ahead of us....Crystal Jade Kitchen! Eh, not exactly the cuisine I'm looking for...but my stomach won over my taste buds!

And then I saw the promotion for Peking Duck! Yum! Ok, I am going to get me some duck!


I like the tableware...it's in unconventional shapes, and I think it's really pretty. We ordered quite a lot of food, and surprisingly, J wanted fried rice! Ha! He doesn't usually fancy fried rice, but I love it! :)

The Peking Duck was served first, and I was very excited to see 8 pieces of them! Hehehe...which means we can have 4 each! Or maybe I can steal one from J's share :) Ok, I love Peking Duck, and usually if you eat with a group of people, you will probably only get 2 pieces each, which is totally unsatisfying! The 8 pieces of skin came from only half a duck.

Beside the duck, is the prawns with salted egg yolk - hmm...I still prefer Asia Grand's version of this dish.


Here is a plate of the obligatory greens....which tasted ok lah....


We requested for the remaining duck meat to be cooked in black pepper sauce. I've never heard of people pan frying the duck meat with black pepper sauce before, and was curious to try it when I saw the option in the menu. Usually, they shred the duck meat and stir fry it with bean sprouts.


The duck meat was good! But there was just too much food for the two of us, and we couldn't finish them all.

After the sumptuous lunch, we had to walk it off, and off we go to Harvey Nichols! I'm really looking forward to go there, because it's supposed to be THE department store to go to in London, right? But everything in there cost millions and millions of rupiah! *faint*...we walked out...after like browsing for 10 minutes...

Ok, can't afford the stuff there, but I spotted a cool looking cafe inside, and decided that I can probably afford to have tea at Harvey Nichols :) And the name of the cafe is kinda cool...Social House.

After walking around the other shops in the mall, we walked back to Social House to get some drinks. Check out the cool menu clipped to a clothes hanger!

I ordered their special iced lemon tea...and I absolutely love it! It taste a bit like Running Amock @ Loof.
Check out the drink...and my Louis Vuitton bag! :) Ok, I wish it's my bag, but I actually borrowed it from my aunty for the whole week I was in Jakarta...hehehe. I like this bag because it's roomy, and it has a base to keep it in shape, very practical size too! I can keep all my barang-barang comfortably inside.
The iced tea comes with a scoop of lemon sorbet...yummy! Very refreshing!

J ordered the apple pie, and it comes with a scoop of ice-cream and berry compote. Very nice!

This is the California maki that we ordered. Couldn't resist ordering the sushi from their menu, cos they all looked so good. We easily polished off the small makis, and they were rather delicious. Yum!
I am glad I found this cafe, and I will definitely come back to try their other stuff when I'm back in Jakarta the next time! And I really like the cosy feel of this place, and service is friendly and efficient...and of course, give me more of the iced tea please!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin