Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Bakerzin...

is not a place that I voluntarily suggest going. It was due to a really bad service experience I had ages ago, but until today, the experience still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I will only go there if a friend suggests going there, or it's the most convenient place in that area.

In this occassion, I was with my Aunties, and they were too tired to walk to the other end of Vivocity to have tea by the "harbour view".
Since it was near Christmas, my Aunt ordered a slice of Fruit Cake. I'm not a fan of cakes, especially fruit cake! But they seemed to enjoy it, and that's all that matters :)



J had a slice of the Chocolate Log Cake to keep to the Christmas theme. The log cake was alright, with really thick Chocolate coating on it.


We ordered Cappucinnos and I was pleasantly surprised to see some Latte art done.


One of my Aunt is diabetic, so no cakes for her! Me being the savoury person and a good niece (hehe...) ordered some savouries for all to share.
I ordered the ham and cheese sandwich, which doesn't look like a sandwich at all. But it tastes good! Except for that overcooked egg that was plopped on top of the sandwich. It is sooo rubbery and tasteless...I don't know why they even bother with adding it!


I also ordered their "pizza" - which came cut up into triangular pieces of flaky puff pastry crusts. This was much better than the sandwich, and everyone enjoyed it too. J ate the most pieces!


Overall, the service is as usual slooooowww....and most of the times non-existent. I had to grab some cutlery myself as I just fail to get the attention of the half dozens of waiters/waitresses milling around...gazing into nothingness...

I'm glad my Aunts enjoyed their tea, and hope they will come back to Singapore soon! And next time, I will bring them to Canele!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin