Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jakarta - Day 3

My day started early in the morning on Chinese New Year Eve. Went to the salon to do hair hair treatment and of course to wash and blow dry it to look nice for the coming "Niu" Year :)




I also managed to squeeze in a quick brunch at the Ritz Carlton Hotel with my Bro and SIL. When we reached there, they are already closing the breakfast buffet! So we had to order a la carte.



We were presented with a bread basket and an assortment of spreads, and I spotted Nutella! Yum! And some soft cheese spread...quite good too.





The breads were soft and still warm, so we attacked them before our orders came. I felt overloaded with carbs from the breads, but I still looked forward to my order of nasi goreng (fried rice)! I don't know why, but I just love eating nasi goreng in hotel's cafes.



The nasi goreng looked good when it came. I like my rice to be topped with a sunny side up, and the sate, keropok and sambal at the side - this is how the hotels usually serve this humble dish. Unfortunately, it didn't taste as good as it looks!





Was disappointed with the meal, but it's now time to rush to the airport to pick J up! Hmmm...will probably grab some McDonald's or A&W when I'm there! Ha!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin