Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome, 2009...

Happy New Year to whoever is reading this!

Crossing over to a new year always makes me feel nostalgic. I get weepy when I hear Auld Lang Syne...oops, my secret is revealed!

Today is the first day of 2009, but it doesn't seem to be different from any other public holiday. I woke up early to catch Bolt! Finally! The movie was kind of boring at the beginning, but I really enjoyed Rhino the hamster...hahaha...he is just so...optimistic! :)

After the show, J and I shopped around in Tampines Mall. In the late afternoon, J suggested that we go to Canele! He misses the macarons? But too bad, they ran out of the salty caramel macaron again. I skipped the macarons, and ordered their corn and crab chowder instead. Not the best soup I've had, but it served it's purpose on this rainy day. Yes, it was pouring when we reached Orchard Road.

After tea, we shopped again! I'm surprised that J is so game to shop around today. I got a skirt...which I'm starting to regret now :( Impulse buy again!

I had better ban myself from shopping for the next 6 months at least! Save for a rainy day, don't know what will happen in 2009.

Despite all the uncertainties in 2009, I am looking forward to it, and will face whatever challenges that is thrown my way. I hope that everyone will have love, hope, peace and joy in the coming year, so that "when the sky falls down, we will take it as a blanket to cover us". Go translate that in Chinese :)

Happy 2009 everyone!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin