Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday January Babies!

Yup, I'm a January baby, and so is C. The gang decided to celebrate our birthdays together, and somehow Parv had really strong Korean food craving from all the Korean dramas that she has been watching?!

So off we went to Ju Shin Jung in YESS Building. I finally discovered a decent Korean BBQ restaurant in Singapore! Forget your Seoul Garden, and the food court Korean BBQ wannabes. This is the real thing!

Check out the Banchan! Ok, not as many variety as the one in Arirang in Jakarta, but substantially better than the ones I had in other Korean restaurants here! But too bad it is not free flow also - you have to pay for extra portions that you order. I am quite happy with my favourite kimchi, the boiled spinach, boiled bean sprouts and the cucumber, but it would be great if they had the omelette thing and the potato salad. Yes, I do not know the names for all these dishes :)

Closer look at the Banchan, and also the wide variety of vegetables available for you to wrap the succulent meats in!

The usual 3 sauces are also there - (from the left) the sweet sauce, the salty sauce, and the chilli paste! Yes, I don't know their names again! They also give thinly sliced onions, and a bowl of cold seaweed soup. The seaweed soup is really sour, so it makes your tummy growl louder with hunger!


Oooh...see how the meat sizzles on the grill! Over here, you don't cook yourself, the waitress will cook the meats for you. We ordered the beef ribs, beef, pork and chicken. The beef always taste the best. The pork is quite nice too, but the chicken is a bit too sweet for my liking.

Yummy beef! The beef was a bit tougher than the ones I usually have in Arirang. Perhaps we ordered the wrong cut?! But anyway, it still taste good dipped in chilli paste, and wrapped around a fresh lettuce leaf.
We also ordered the kimchi jigae - kimchi soup - and it was delicious. Goes very well with the rice! Yummy....wish there was more of the soup to go around...hehehe...

The restaurant was packed on a Sunday night, so reservations are highly recommended. I can see why it's popular because it is seriously the best Korean food I've had in Singapore so far.

Next week, I will be back in Jakarta, and will make sure that I have a meal in Arirang. Stay tuned for that post, and see if you can spot the difference!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin