Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jade @ Fullerton

This brunch took place on 7 March with the usual "brunch gang".  You know who you are!  :)

We went to Jade @ Fullerton for their dim sum buffet, and it turned out to be a good choice!  Although they messed up my reservation, but we did get a table and of course enjoyed the food!

What I like is that they serve long jing tea!  Rarely do Chinese restaurants serve long jing as it is the most expensive tea.  But seems like the rest of the gang prefer pu'er, but I will stick by my long jing!  :)


This is some sort of pink dumpling!  I love the colour, don't you?!  Their print advertisement show 3 dumplings, a white, yellow and pink dumpling.  I thought that the colourful dumplings are just for photography purposes, but apparently they do have them on the menu!  I don't recall what is this called, but inside it is prawn meat with spring onions.  So the filling is quite fragrant, but the skin is a little bit too thick for my liking.


The "phoenix claws" are ok, but we still ordered like 3 servings in order for everyone to have some.


Tofu cubes fried with garlic and spring onions and chilli!  Yums!  The fragrant ingredients really made this a moreish dish.  I couldn't stop eating these!


The fried carrot cake is ok too, I didn't have much of these as I think my mom's carrot cake is still the best!  Ha!  And I always help her to grate the ingredients.  It is indeed hardwork!

"Wu Kok" or Yam dumplings.  I'm not a fan of yam, but I think the rest of the gang enjoyed this.  I think it was made with truffle oil or something exotic like that.


This is the spinach and crab soup - you get a serving of soup only, while the rest of the dishes are free-flow.  This soup lacked taste!  I think the chef may have forgotten to add salt!  Or added too little.  The soup of the day, which was the apple soup, was way much better.  Will order that the next time.


These guo ties are delish!  See the fancy "fins"?  I think it's a cool way of presenting this humble dish.  The meat morsels inside are fragrant and the skin has a chewy texture to it.  I like!  The waiter explained that this is one of their signature dishes.


I think there were a few hits and misses, but it was overall a good dining experience. And of course the fun companions helped!  

We ordered quite a few other dishes but I didn't take pictures of them because of the poor lighting.  

Jade didn't do the normal dim sum stuff well, but they have some really innovative dishes, like the fried cheese, which is quite nice.  Sorry, I didn't take a picture of those.

I will definitely go back again soon, as at $28+++, it is quite a good deal, because you do get some exquisite dim sum.  And the environment is really nice to spend a leisurely Saturday afternoon away.

Will be bringing my mom there soon for dim sum!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin