Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ippudo Tao

Ippudo has a new branch in UE Square called Ippudo Tao.  Ok, I'm too lazy to explain the Tao part, but you can see Camemberu's review here.

It was a coincident that we were on our way to UE Square when W called me and ask me where is Ippudo Tao.  After telling her the direction, I realized she is on her way there too!

So we met for lunch...a double date!


Trying to take an artsy shot of the cutlery...but fail! :(



This is some grapefruit drink that W ordered...at least I think it's grapefruit...my memory fails me.


We ordered the potato salad...which I found it to be ok only based on my previous visit to their other outlet in Mandarin Gallery.



Wasabi and prawns...two combination that I cannot resist!  But the addition of chunky avocado somehow doesn't bring out the taste of the prawn wasabi.


I ordered the original Ippudo noods for J...again the name escapes me.  I must remember to write it down the next time!  The soup base is as usual excellent - full of flavour and umami kick.  Sort of regret not getting this for myself.



They don't have the char siew rice here, so I ordered a serve of this roast pork rice with tobiko, seaweed, shredded egg, raw cabbage and mayo!  It is delicious but not as good as the char siew rice in the other Ippudo branch.  But I ordered this to supplement J's food intake!


I ordered the Tao noodle - the in house specialty which is only served here.  The stock used is fish stock, so the flavour is not as robust as the pork base soup.  It is a little bit spicy, but I don't find the kick with this soup.

We wanted to order the grilled stuff - but they only serve it at night.  But I think I will stick to the
Ippudo in Mandarin Gallery, as I couldn't get over their black garlic oil ramen!


Ippudo Tao
207 River Valley Road
#01-55/56 UE Square, Singapore
6887 5315
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin