Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ippudo!

For once, there was no queue at Ippudo and I quickly grabbed the chance to try out their noods. I love ramen for their rich broth, and Ippudo's versions did not disappoint. I don't know how I can make myself eat Ajisen anymore after this!

We had an order of their special appetizer - Fire Chicken - and true to it's name, there is a devilish chilli bite that makes you want to eat more of it.  Love how the chicken was presented on a bed of deep-fried noodles.



The stars of came out pretty quickly - first is my bowl of ramen with garlic oil.  The soup is rich with collagen, fats and another extra layer of black, fragrant garlic oil!  It is very shiok!  But I think I've met my quota for fats consumption for the month!

This indulgent is worth the while once in awhile!


We also ordered a bowl of the Chashu Rice, but I didn't get the chance to take a pic.  The pork was tender and flavourful, and at $4 per bowl, it is a good supplement to those of you who needs more carbo to feel full.

We liked the food so much that we went back again the next day!  This time round, we ordered the mini gyoza - very mini indeed - I could finish all 6 of them easily.  The gyoza was ok, not fantastic, but still makes a good appetizer.


Mom will always order potato salad whenever she sees it on the menu, so that's what we ordered cos it was on the menu!

The potato salad is surprisingly dressed with a vinaigrette kind of dressing.  It was too sour for me, but Mom seemed to enjoy it very much.


This time round, I tried a different noodle, the spicy miso noodles - again the name escapes me.  But there are not too many ramen varieties to choose from, and I'm sure all of it would taste delicious!


I also added an egg into the spicy ramen, the egg yolk was nice and gooey but the egg was too cold.  Is it supposed to be cold?  I might just skip the egg the next time.

Overall, I like the soup base in Ippudo, and would queue up 30mins for it.  However, I'm glad the hype has died down and I didn't need to queue on the 2 occasions I was there.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin