Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

新旺香港茶餐厅

This is our usual supper place if we need an air-conditioned dining area.  Since 新旺香港茶餐厅 opens until 2am, it's a popular haunt with the night owls.


There is a Queue sign outside the restaurant with the arrow pointing to the left, but strangely, the queue always forms on the right side!  


We waited for awhile to get a table, and I started snapping some shots as soon as we were seated.



I think Tabasco sauce placed on the table just make it look so old school :)


The French Toast is J's favourite.  It is delicious, but not as delicious as the Crystal Jade one. It is so sinful that I think only permanently skinny people like J can afford to eat it!!  I usually just take one or two bites, and I make sure it's the portion of the bread where it's soaked with butter and syrup! :)



This is another of J's favourite - black sesame paste with dumplings.  I like black sesame paste and dumplings, if they are served separately!  Somehow I don't think they go together!  The thick consistency of the paste just doesn't complement the chewy and heavy dumplings.


I wanted to have something light, so ordered a Luncheon Meat "N" Egg sandwich.  You can hardly see the fillings in between the 3 slices of bread!  And the bread was chewy!  This happens when you don't toast the bread enough, and it's an in-between texture of toasted and soft white bread?  You have to try it to know what I mean.

Anyway, I had to deconstruct the sandwich to see if there really is an egg inside.



The egg is there alright, but it's so much thinner than the bread! :(  Very disappointing indeed. And they used some mayonnaise that was so sweet that it tasted like jam!


This is another of J's favourite - fried wantons.  Hmmm...I don't like the fried wanton skin, because they just scream carcinogens to me!  So I will just eat the small pocket of fried meat and leave the fried skin.

The food here is not fantastic, but I think they have a good variety and you are bound to find something to satisfy your hunger.  We will be back - when we next feel peckish at night and have nowhere else to go.  And I think I should stick to their popular "char chan teng" dishes :)





Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin