Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hong Kong - Day 4

On Day 4 in Hong Kong, we discovered that the porridge shop directly opposite our hotel serves really good "chok" and "ngau lam meen"!

The beef brisket noodles comes in a clear soup, which I don't really fancy, but this soup tastes really good! This pic looks kinda fuzzy, it's because the bowl of noodles is steaming hot!


J and Jen ordered the century egg with pork porridge, and it also tastes good. But I prefer to have the noodles over the porridge, because it is just impossible to get good beef brisket noodles in Singapore! The porridge comes in small and big bowls - order the big bowl only if you are extremely hungry and can fit like a gallon of "chok" in your tummy!


I know it's not yet noon time, but I still like to have ice cold drinks. J is not a fan of cold drinks, but me like them at anytime of the day.


Day 4 was filled with more shopping at Times Square and Causeway Bay, and I took more pics of the Carrie Chau exhibition :)




We went to the SOGO at Causeway Bay and bought some snacks from the myriad of food shops at the basement. But we were still feeling peckish and wanted to have something to eat, and ended up at KFC! Ha! This spread only costs us about SGD20! Cheap and satisfying. We had 9 pieces of chicken, waffles fries, 2 corn on the cob, 4 glasses of Coke (or Pepsi?), 2 whipped potato, and also 2 bowls of rice! The rice comes topped with some sauces, but I can't remember what they are though. That is a lot of food for 20 bucks.

At night, we had dinner at the Ladie's Market....we were there for the braised goose. I still prefer the roasted version though.

The good was quite decent and cheap. I just love drinking out of the old Coke bottle! Wuahaha...
After dinner, we took a walk along Ladie's Market and I got a Hello Kitty iPhone cover :)
Tomorrow we have to wake up early - Jen and Mr Pang to catch their flight back to Singapore, and me and J to go Macau! Venetian here I come!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin