Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hong Kong - Day 3

We trudged our way to City Hall in Central to eat dim sum at Maxim's! Some habits die hard, I always go to Maxim's for dim sum...hhmmm...must try out other places the next time!



The pics of the food aren't that great. Again we were starving and just kept ordering and eating! The bill came up to HKD1,000! *faint* What the heck did we eat?! I calculated that we ordered 27 dishes....and again when we look at the other tables, they eat so much lesser! Is this a Singaporean syndrome?! That we must "whack" everything?! Wuaahaha...no wonder the Hong Kongers are so slim. Hmmm...I would be too if I have so many nice clothes to buy! Ha!

For some reason, the rest of the gang don't want to eat Har Kow that day. And I really whacked all 4 of these plump and juicy morsels! There were at least 3 huge prawns inside! My favourite dim sum is har kow with thin translucent skin, and filled with big prawns, and I eat it with mustard. Not chilli sauce or anything else...just good old pungent mustard. It cannot be American mustard that you squeeze out of a plastic bottle, it has to be French mustard made from mustard powder!



Again, we over ate during lunch. Oh dear, it's becoming a pattern in all our meals! We waddled out of the restaurant, and went shopping to digest the food!

Our first stop - Louis Vuitton at The Landmark. I think the glass exterior is really cool...

Day 3 was filled with shopping around, but I didn't buy anything except for a Miumiu bag. We went back to the hotel quite early, to rest our tired feet...more walking to come!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin