Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Singapore F1 Grand Prix - 26 Sept 2008

I can see the F1 race track from my office! I can even hear the cars roaring past!!! I'm just so excited. Couldn't concentrate on work when the cars start warming up at about 3pm.

For the record, I'm a Kimi Raikkonen fan! Go Team Ferrari!! Who cares about Hamilton? Wuahaha...

Parv actually convinced me to go down to City Hall to watch the cars "up close and personal" - well, this is as near as I can get to them! I rushed down at 5.30pm on the dot with my camera, and the camera battery died on me as I was getting ready to snap the action on video! Aaarrggghh....so I quickly took out my mobile phone, and caught some of the noise only...duh.

After a few glimpses of the top of the cars, I had to leave Parv and went over to Jenn's place for steamboat dinner! Yum yum...Mr Pang made some really nice "wanton", I like!

After dinner, we stayed on to watch the F1 action on TV and I was cheering Kimi all the way! I think the red Ferrari cars look the best! McLaren used to look better when it was red and white, with the word "Marlborough" on the "wings", or whatever you call that thing on top of the car! Now it's red and silver, not so striking.

Anyway, Alonso stole the show and overtook Hamilton for the practice round. Qualifying rounds will be tomorrow, and the actual race on Sunday!

I've not been following F1 eversince Ayrton Senna - God bless his soul - died in a fatal accident on 1 May 1994 in the San Marino Grand Prix. He was only 34yrs old, and driving for Williams-Renault then. After that horrific scene on TV, I just couldn't make myself watch Grand Prix anymore without having flashbacks of the crash.

Until today, I still feel sad that we have lost a great racer. May he rest in peace...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin