Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My new toy...



I succumbed to temptation and got an entry level DSLR - the Canon EOS 550D - and I'm loving it!

Pictures just turn out so much better, and I can achieve the blurred background effect that I always wanted!

I'm still trying to get a hang of all the technicalities, but I believe I can conquer it!  I've decided to use one type of function on the camera until I master it, and move on to the next.

Some test shots I took with the camera....


I got the blurred background effect!  Yay! :)


Another go at the blurred background thing!


The Baked Spaghetti Bolognaise in Swensen's....hmmm...the picture composition can be improved.


Another dish from Swensen's - the Fried Rice with Soft Shell Crab.  This shot was hurriedly taken because Mom couldn't wait to dig in!

Hopefully, my picture composition skills will improve over time, and I can take pictures like ladyironchef!  But first, I have to get used to lugging a much bigger camera and take pictures openly in public.  I'm still very self conscious carrying the DSLR, and hope I can find a smaller and more glam camera bag soon!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin