Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ocean Spring Resort, Zhuhai, China

A 7 day tour with 18 other family members started in Zhuhai, China.

This is how my journey goes -- 10am Cathay Pacific flight from Singapore to Hong Kong > Transit in Hong Kong and didn't get to eat my favourite pork chop rice. What?? > Took a 50min ride to Zhuhai port > Transferred to a coach for the 1 hour ride to the resort -- finally reached the resort at 8pm.

It was a back breaking journey indeed! I'm never ever gonna do this again...ever...



This is the lobby of the resort, and as with most buildings in China, it was HUGE! But I don't really care, I just want to go up to the room and lay my aching back flat on the bed!

The room was pleasantly decent, but sorry no pics were taken before I was whisked off to dinner by my super hungry cousins! Dinner was unmemorable, so again not posting pics of the dinner....my eyes were slits by then.

The next morning, I finally get a good view of the resort in scorching hot weather!



I don't know why is the picture so "dusty", I think it might have something to do with the blindingly bright sun that day. This is the building that houses the spa.



Again, another HUGE man-made effort in the form of a lake.

After a hearty breakfast, we set off to do some sightseeing. The only thing worth seeing here is this structure in miniature Summer Palace (员明园) which is probably only 1% the size of the real Palace in Beijing.



This giant dragon urn was made up entirely of ceramic plates, cups, and spoons! It was really impressive, and it was one of those moments when I was proud to be Chinese again...hehehe.



After touring the mini Summer Palace, we set off for yet another unmemorable lunch, and then to the view the Statue of the Fisher Girl.

I didn't take a lot of pics in Zhuhai, maybe because I'm still "recuperating" from the long journey, but I was just longing to cross over the border to Macau the next day and do some serious shopping at The Venetian!






Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin