Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A wedding...

is supposed to be a joyous event.  But I quickly realized that it is just a money making "contract" for the service providers.

Went to Sheraton Towers yesterday for their "Wedding Workshop".  I was quite taken by the Grand Ballroom, and naively thought that I could try to negotiate to have the ballroom for like 22-25 tables on a weekend instead of the required 30 tables.

The "wedding consultant" refused to budge and only offered an alternative for me to hold a lunch event instead of dinner.  Why would I want to compromise on possibly the most important day in my life?

We have not settled on a date, and the wedding consultant said we can give her a fixed date by next week before the contract is sent to us.  "Contract"??  This is a scary word indeed.  Why am I signing on a contract for my wedding dinner reception?  The word is just so cold and clinical - non of the joyous, airy fairy dream wedding that I have in mind.  It really puts me off from holding my wedding there.  The wedding consultant didn't seem very interested as I guess they are booked every week, and has no lack of clients.

Maybe I read too much "Martha Stewart Weddings" and watch too many chick flick movies - where dream weddings are the norm.  Or am I just being unrealistic?  I mean, how do other people do it?  Does everybody end up with the wedding of their dreams or they are just throwing a wedding dinner for the sake of having one?

Right now, I really feel that my own wedding is out of reach.  I don't even know when I will get married - heck, J has not even proposed!  Maybe I should stop planning, and thinking of having a wedding in the near future.  I always envision going to bridal boutiques, florists, and other wedding related places with a bling on my finger.  And the sales girls will see the bling and exclaim that it's sooooo beautiful and that I'm a lucky gal.

Nope, it ain't gonna happen....yet...I hope...

On the other hand, I don't want to pressure J to propose and buy bling for me in our current situation.

Ok, will lay off any wedding related stuff for the time being until things are more stable, and I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin