Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Paul Patisserie, Shanghai


The hired driver insisted on dropping us off at 新天地 even though we told him that we were there the day before! Oh well, so here we are again in 新天地 2 days in a row!

As it was tea time, I was tempted to try out Paul Patisserie. They decor looks charming and the cakes looked delicious and I hope it taste as good as it looks!



Oops, but again I was disappointed. The coffee was "ok", we just need the caffeine kick.


I ordered the Giant Chocolate Macaron and learnt a valuable lesson - never buy a GIANT macaron unless you know it taste damn good! It's a waste of calories on a stale, chewy thing that is posing as a macaron?!



I also ordered the Mille Feuille and it was again "ok lah".


Nothing mind blowing in this Patisserie, but it's a good place to see and be seen. We saw a couple who looked like Beck and Posh, and the lady was carrying a chihuhua a la Paris Hilton! If the lady had been stick thin, I would have sworn that she IS Posh herself! But I guess Posh will not go to a Patisserie and risk ruining her diet!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin