Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A different perspective on life

As my office goes through a 2nd round of retrenchment this year, I have been blessed and spared the axe the 2nd time.

But there is no guarantee that it will not happen in the near future.

Through all the ups and downs in the office, I have learnt to take things as it comes, and prepare myself for the worst. I do my best to perform in my job, and hopefully can come out of this economic crisis unscathed. But who knows what will happen next?

I must say that I have been blessed with the chance to travel to new places for work and for pleasure. I still splurge on Miu Miu bags, Vivienne Westwood shoes, and leisurely lunches at gourmet restaurants.

And I came across this article by Dr Lee Wei Ling.

The article tells you that life is how you perceive it to be - whether it's good or bad, it's up to you to decide. After reading it, I hope that I can learn to be more contented in life, and be happy with what I already have.

After all, it's up to God to decide what bag I carry, and so far he has been more than generous :)








Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin