Opinions on food, fashion, and anything else that catches my fancy...

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Orient 8 @ Hotel Mulia, Jakarta


The Grand Entrance

Another part of the Grand Entrance

I was totally blown away by the stunning decor of Orient 8 @ Hotel Mulia!  It is fast becoming one of my favourite hotels in Jakarta.  They serve good food, and the hotel is just so uniquely decorated.

Roses!!

I love those big columns of fresh white roses!  It looks like a wedding is in progress...hehe. Orient 8 is Hotel Mulia's latest restaurant, serving Thai, Vietnamese and other Oriental food buffet style.  

Dainty appetizers on ice...

The cold appetizer section consists on small bite-sized morsels, and everything looks very appetizing!  I took some of these to start off my dinner.  They were yummy.

Olive oils & Balsamic Vinegars...

They have a variety of olive oils, balsamic vinegar and other condiments for your salads.  Can you see those test tube thing in the wine glassess?  You can conveniently just pour the sauces from those tubes!  Cool!

Food...

I couldn't get good shots of the food because of the dim lighting, so I didn't really take a lot of pics of the food, but I took tons of pics of the place!

Tom yum...!

I couldn't get enough of their tom yum!  You basically can just pick and choose the ingredients that you want to add into the tom yum soup, and the chefs will whip up a steaming bowl of spiciness in no time!  They also have other soups like beef, so you can have a bowl of beef pho!

Chefs at work...

They have an open kitchen concept, so the chefs can prepare the soupy food right in front of you. I think this is really fun, and of course Indonesians are just naturally friendly people, making you feeling at ease with them.

Centerpiece...


Private Dining room...

There are several private dining rooms in the restaurants, and they are all differently decorated. This is my favourite room among them.

I'm seriously considering holding my wedding there!  Do you think it's a good idea?!
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin